Friday, February 20, 2015

One Little Word 2015!

Yes I am doing One Little Word this year!  No!! I haven't actually started anything except to pick out my word:


Stay tuned for more information:
Supplies so far:
  • Teresa Collins Studio Gold album
  • WRMK  8.5"x11" 9 pocket page protectors 

Thursday, February 19, 2015

I made a planner, totally not my style

I admit it!  I am a total bandwagonner on some trends.   Last year in the midst of buying my house, I realized I had no organization at all.  No way to keep track of due dates and appointments and just general time management chaos.  So I got a planner.  In October, I took it one step further.  I decided my own custom calendar inserts.  I loves them.  They are fabulous and look elegant and make me happy.  They exist in a cheap looking red DayRunner planner though.  I hates it!  I really hates it!

I recently came across the Midori Traveler's Notebook via one of my favorite scrapbookers, Marcy Penner.  I love the ease of the system and how easy it is to add and remove notebooks without the big bulk of rings.  I thought PERFECT!!  Then realized the pages are only 4.25" wide and my custom calendars that I created (literal blood, sweat, tears and many cuss words) and LOVED would not fit if I bought the notebook off the shelf.

My solution!  Design my own!  Mission accomplished!!! But the fabric I chose is totally not my style.  So it shall sit and look lonely.  It is a custom designed Midori style notebook which holds insert notebooks of 8.5" x 5.5" size with a little bit of wiggle room on the ends for tabs.  It has interior pockets on the cover and three elastics.  I am proud of it, I think I did a good job designing it.  My sewing could have been better.  Live and learn.  Just not my style.  Stay tuned for the next installment.