So what is Project Life? It is a system created by Becky Higgins that is whatever you want it to be! The base of the system is photopocket pages, an album, and journaling cards. After that you can make it as complicated as you want. You can make each card a work of art or you can jot down a quick note about what is happening in your photos. The whole idea is to get it done. This system appeals to me so much. During busy weeks I am sure my pages will have just photos and journaling cards. On crafty weeks, you can bet that there will be some embellishments. You can find out more about Project Life on Becky's website.
So how I am setting myself up for success this year?
|The start of the 2013 Album|
- I did a base setup for my album. I already have my album and 60 pocket pages in it. I have taken the time to also label with scraps of paper each week. I am planning on a 2 page spread each week but if it doesn't happen, I am okay with that.
- I have a new camera. This past year I didn't print out many of the pictures I took with my phone because the quality was bad and they looked bad when printed at 4x6. Random pictures on my baby, Canon T3i DSLR, are sooooo much better then anything else I have taken. Along with this I have a new photo printer. It prints beautiful lab quality prints so I can print at home.
- I signed up for the Day by Day class offered by Studio Calico. I am excited about this class because learning is so motivating for me and it will also teach me skills which will translate into my job. Also based on the sneak peaks, I am going to be so inspired.
- I purchased a subscription to Studio Calico's Project Life kit. They have released the peek at January's kit and it is fabulous. This will keep the project fresh to me. Each month, I will be sent new journaling cards and embellishments. I can't wait to get my new kit.
- I created a Project Life station. I used a storage container to gather all the materials I will need to work on my album. It is all in one place and I can carry it to whatever room I use. As I get the kit from SC each month, I will add the new material in. I find I don't craft because I hate to be in my craft room all by my lonesome. With everything in a container, I can carry it to the living room and work in front of the TV. This is a temporary solution, I hope to pick up a couple of smaller storage containers and break out my journaling cards so they are more accessible.
|Project Life Storage (for now)|
So stay tuned, I hope to post regularly by uploading pictures directly from my phone as I complete my pages.