Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July - kinda late!

So I am super proud of this card.  I got it finished before the 4th but never had time to post it.  So here it is now.

The 4th of July up here in Washington is super fun.  We are allowed to set off all manner of fireworks at our homes and that is just what I do.  I love fireworks and it is one of my favorite parts of the holiday.  So when creating a card for the 4th my first thought is BOOM!!
The stripy starry background is actually clear embossed so it has a little shine on it.  It was stamped using the Spot On Backgrounds stamp set.

I had alot of fun creating this card.  The stars are CTMH Dimensional Elements: Stars.  I made them silver using a shimmer mist using Create a Shade Pearl Paint and Crystal Blue reinker and rubbing alcohol.  I then put Clear Sparkles on each of them.

The letters are stamped from the Posterboard Alphabet in Star Spangled Blue and Holiday Red.  I pop-dotted them and then added some Clear Sparkles to really bling it up.

The sentiment inside the card is from the stampset "A Little Everything" (no longer available). The stars are from Star Power.  I hope you like it!  I had hoped to post it in time for the Heart 2 Heart Challenge but never quite made it there!

Supplies Used (all CTMH):
  • Cardstock:  White Daisy, Star Spangled Blue, Holiday Red
  • Inks: Star Spangled Blue, Holiday Red, Versamark
  • Stamp sets:  A Little Everything, Posterboard Alphabet, Star Power, Spot On Backgrounds
  • Embellishments:  Clear Sparkles, Dimensional Elements: Stars
  • Embossing: Clear Detail Powder
  • Tools:  Tombow Adhesive, 3D Pop Dots, Glue dots

No comments:

Post a Comment