Monday, August 12, 2013

Letterpress here I come!

Studio Calico announced a Letterpress class and of course I jumped right on it.  I have been dying to try out letterpress techniques for quite a while.   I managed to pick up a Lifestyle Crafts L Letterpress Starter bundle at my FAVE local scrapbooking store, Scrap N' Book, for a very good price. 

Last week I was able to play around with it.  I have had a Sizzix BigShot for years and I just used the letterpress platform with no modifications to the sandwich.  Here is my first letterpressed project life card.
Things I learned:
  • A little ink goes a very long way
  • To get a nice deep impression, I need to add another sheet of cardstock behind the bottom grid plate.
  • I need to buy the Lifestyle Crafts wipes because baby wipes weren't cutting it for ink cleanup.
The next night, I experimented some more and I will be sharing that adventure with you in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment