Thursday, May 27, 2010

5-in-1 Workshop

Sorry for not posting so long.  Have no fear though as I have still been papercrafting, scrapbooking even. 
Today I would like to share a 2 page layout I have made.  This is the first in a series of five 2 page layouts using a workshop template designed by another CTMH consultant, Lara Main.  All the layouts are from the Cherish and Imagine How-To program books and are made from one paper pack with the addition of 6 pieces of cardstock for bases.

I can't say how much I absolutely love this workshop.  With the cutting instructions, you get the most out of your paper pack and have these lovely layouts that just need photos and embellishments. 

The pattern is from the Imagine book and is called Subtitles.  It can be found on page 94.  I used the Animal Cookies paper pack and StickEase with the addition of some Autumn Harvest brads.  The layout that you are seeing is not my completed layout.  I took pictures before I added the journaling in order to protect my son's privacy. 

In the large white space at the bottom, I used my CriCut to cut out his name in Clover Green cardstock and hand-wrote his birth stats around the first letter in each word.  I also put his birthday in white ink on the little heart paper in the top right corner.  The finished layout looks superb. 

I chose not to use any distressing techniques on this layout because I wanted it clean and fresh.  I love to sponge the edges of paper but it didn't fit with the subject.  I used pop dots to elevate the Stickease and some of the photos to give them a little more pop.

I didn't use any stamping techniques or even any ink in this layout so this is perfect for beginning scrappers.  You can do this layout with a minimum of supplies all you need is the paper pack, StickEase and some brads.  That is why I love Stickease!  You can use it for all your embellishing need and not worry about getting inky fingers (even though I love my inky fingers every time I papercraft). 

I can't tell you how much CTMH has improved my scrapbooking.  I took a few minutes to look at my old layouts from when I first got serious about scrapbooking.  It is a huge difference in skill and just general design aesthetic.  Don't believe me?  Check this old 1 page layout.

Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment