Sunday, September 12, 2010

Gift for mommy!

I am going to be doing rapid fire posts to get some of my backlog of projects up here.  If you have a question, please send me an email at angievcrafts at gmail dot com!

This cute easel box was inspired by a project of Christine David's I made at a recent workshop of hers.  The original was darling and when it came time to package my mom's bday present, I came up with this!

I made the box specifically for my mom to place it on her desk at work.  The box is about 1" deep and can hold paperclips, disks or can even be a place to hide her ipod.

Inside the box, I placed a card I made.  Isn't my son's scribbling of his name cute?

One cool technique I used was to glue paper circles to the back of the clear buttons.  This created buttons with some pizazz.

Supplies Used (all CTMH unless noted):
Cardstock:  CTMH Tulip and Sunflower
Inks:  Topiary, Sunflower, Tulip, Dutch Blue
Paperpack:  Animal Cookies (retired)
Stampsets:  A Little Everything (past SOTM)
Buttons:  Clear Buttons, Some from the Tulip mini-medley and sunflower ones that I had sitting around
DMC Embroidery Floss
Lots of Dots Irresistable alphabet stickers
Sunflower Brads
Liquid Glass
3D Foam Tape and Tombow adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment