Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Paper Flowers!

So in preparation for my first workshop on Sunday, I have been working on a few embellishment techniques.  One of the ones I really liked was the use of crumpled paper flowers on the front of the Tri-Shutter album.  These flowers are beautiful.  Just look!
It is a pretty simple tech-nique.  All you do is cut out 8 - 10 scalloped circles in an appropriate size.  They can be all the same size or graduated like these.  These were cut out of Veranda paper between 1 3/4" and 2 1/2".  I used my CriCut to cut the circles using the Serande cartridges.  The next step is to stack them up and pierce them with a piercer.  Stick a brad through the pierced hole or even use a button.  Then you lightly spritz them with water and crumble each scallop individually to your taste.  All you have to do then is let them dry.

On this particular flower, I inked distressed the edge of each scalloped circle with a matching color.  When I spritzed the flower, the ink ran slightly giving it a muted look which I love.  I can't wait to make more of these flowers.  I would love to make some with buttons in the middle and try glitter gluing the edges of the flower too.  I also thought about using markers to draw veins in the lighter colors.  I think my next one will be all Creme Brulee papers with the edges inked with a pinker ink.  Hope you like the technique!

No comments:

Post a Comment