Saturday, June 8, 2013

This is me album title page

I have spent the last couple of days working on my Studio Calico "This is Me" album. I created a new title page because I wasn't feeling the other one.  Here it is in all its glory: 


I used a ton of different techniques on this layout.  The first and foremost is that I used a pencil to draw lines on a plain white sheet of cardstock.  I then used Close to My Heart's Liquid Glass to adhere the sequins in a line.  The sequins are from Cartwrights.  They are so affordable and shipping was super fast.  I will totally be ordering from them again.

After I had glued all the sequins down I realized the background was super busy and was going to distract from the picture.  I used strips of velum to tone down the bright and shininess of the sequins in horizontal bands.  I had a couple of sequins pop off the page so to make sure they stuck, I used my sewing machine to sew them down.  It was my first time sewing on paper for reals so it was an adventure to say the least.  I just used a regular old needle that came in the machine and used thread that I last used to sew my son's patches on his karate uniform.  I love the look!  I need to sew more and try zig-zag.

The polaroid frame is from Recollections and I first used Galaxy Gold ink on the edges.  I wanted some more substantial metal feel to it so I used gold embossing powder on the outside edge and Stampendous's Stardust embossing powder on the inside edge. 


I used a glassine envelope to create a pocket for my journaling.  I created a tag out of so very heavy duty black shiny cardstock I picked up at a craft store long ago, no brand noted on it.  I used my typewriter to type up something that I will call a mission statement for my album and added 3 sequins on white cardstock.  The little metal tab is an old CTMH embellishment called a tiny tab.  I added a sequin on it to tie it in to the rest of the page.


I created a little grouping of embellishments on the left corner of the photo by adding a SC badge and Heidi Swapp arrow.  The title is a wood veneer alpha that was an exclusive in last month's Roundabout scrapbook kit from Studio Calico.

I had alot of fun working on this page.  It really wound up my enthusiasm for creating more traditional layouts.  Hopefully you will see more from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment